Coversion is lower than the reported baseline of other travel web sites. Investigate possible issues in the user journey that maybe causing this and propose solutions.
Run a 5 day design sprint workshop to identify the issues in the existing user journey & formulate solutions.
- Experience Mapping exercise to identify opportunities
- Write Interview Script
- Run Interviews
- Analyse Interview data
- Identify Journey improvements
- Benchmark Research
- Ideas Generation
- Solution Sketching
- Developer/Stakeholder Review
- UI styleguide creation
- Prototype creation for User Testing
- Present to wider Stakeholders
- Feature breakdown (identifying mvp)
- Users encountered zero search results due to up front filters reducing availability, complicated taxonomy of destinations, and no clear indication which airports fly to which destination.
- Slow loading of results and 3rd party transition page resulted in high abandonment.
- Limited lifestyle filters prevents refining results.
Experience mapping of typical user pain-points identified pricing package
vs DIY holidays was a common and time consuming task users perform.
Combining both holiday types in a single search presents a key USP for
Moving destination first in search allows unsupported airports to be flagged to user sooner, simplifying the elastic search destination suggestions, and removing filters from the initial search form, all reduce the possibility of user abandonment.
The UI is simplified with focus aligned to the search form along with the primary search button being placed in the initial viewport on all mobile phone screen sizes.
➝ View Mobile Prototype